Laminate Floor Care begins with selection. When you purchase a laminate floor ask the salesperson for a copy of the laminate manufacturers laminate floor care instructions. Follow these instruction for your laminate floor care. Don’t get taken in by a salesperson or infomercial and purchase a steamer or a wet cleaning system unless the laminate manufacturers instructions approve of these cleaning methods and they will not. Improper laminate floor care will void your warranty so beware and understand the care of the product before it is even purchased or installed.
Protect Floor from Scratching
While laminate flooring has a harder finish than many types of floor covering, all types of floors can loose their appearance from dirt. Abrasive soil scratches and cuts at a floor surface resulting in a dull appearance.
- Trap dirt, sand and grit by using doormats at outside entrances.
- Use felt protectors under chair, table and other furniture legs. On large items that may scratch a floor place a piece of felt under it.
- Use a dust mop, or vacuum to remove loose dirt or grit. Avoid uprights or carpet attachments as these may scratch the floor. For carpets try hiring the services of a steam cleaning London company or any other one which can guarantee you as good results as they provide their clients.
Cleaning Laminate Floors
- Damp mop with warm water; do not saturate the floor and change the water as necessary to keep clean.
Cleaning Spots and Small Areas
- Use a clean damp cloth or clean sponge to wipe up most spots. Grease, chocolate, juice or wine. Use warm water and one of the following: mild detergent, vinegar or ammonia. (Never use excessive water)
- Crayon, asphalt, dried foods, shoe or nail polish, ink, paint or other materials that would stain most floors: Rub with a clean rag dampened with mineral spirits, denatured alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover). The room should be well ventilated.
- Candle wax, chewing gum harden with ice, then gently scrape with a blunt scraper. Wipe with warm water and a clean white cloth.
Don’t s of Laminate Floor Care<strong
- Never clean with abrasive cleaners, scouring powder or steel wool.
- Do not sand, use wax, polish or varnish.
- Do not allow liquid to stand on a floor.
Visit the following to the find the difference between the roomba 960 vs 980 to make the right choice based on your requirement.